Mango Cheesecake (No bake)Recipe by Fatima SydowCourse: Dessert
It’s so easy to make and so very delicious too. This is my standard no bake cheesecake recipe.
- For the Biscuit Base
1 pack of tennis biscuits
2 X 250ml smooth cream cheese ( medium or full fat) room temperature
- For the Cheesecake
2 cans of condensed milk
500 ml fresh cream whipped to soft peaks
1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- For the topping
1 cup of fresh mango pieces
1 packet of mango jelly or orange, peach, lemon jelly if you can’t find mango or just simply omit the jelly
- Take the tennis biscuits and dunk one by one in a little water and layer it neatly next to each other in a round or square deep dish.
- In a clean bowl, with an electric hand mixer, beat the cream cheese for about 30 seconds. Next, add the condensed milk and beat further for a minute or until well combined and smooth.
- Now add your already whipped cream and lemon juice and beat for about a minute or two until well combined. You will see the mixture thicken and become silky smooth. Pour this mixture over the tennis biscuits and level it with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge to set for 3-4 hours. Remove from the fridge and decorate with the mango pieces.
- Mix jelly with a cup of hot water and allow to cool completely and pour over the cheesecake while its in the fridge to avoid spillage.
Carrot CakeRecipe by Fatima SydowCourse: Dessert
This cake is so light and moist. Delicious !!!!
For the cake:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup castor sugar
3 Large eggs at room temperature
2 cups of sifted Cake flour
2 cups finely grated Carrots
1 teaspoon of Baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup of chopped toasted Walnuts
Small can of crushed Pineapple ( strained from juice)
3/4 cup Oil
1 tablespoon of Vanilla essence
2-3 teaspoons of fine cinnamon
1 teaspoon of mixed spice
Keep a few walnuts one side for decorations
Fatima’s Cream Cheese frosting
250 grams of butter ( room temperature)
2&3/4 cups of sifted icing sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
250 ml cream cheese (Room temperature)
- For the cake
- Beat your eggs and sugars with electric mixer for 2-3 minutes, add the oil and vanilla essence and beat for another minute
- Now, sift all dry ingredients together and add to mixture. Mix this in with a spatula or spoon
- Next, add your carrots, pineapple and walnuts – fold these ingredients in with a spoon or spatula till just combined. Don’t over work batter as this will result in a tough dense texture.
- Spoon the batter In two round standard size greased baking tins and bake for half an hour at 180°C. Or test with a skewer and if it comes out clean your cake is done.
- Cool cake completely before decorating.
- For the cream cheese frosting
- With electric mixer beat your butter until light and creamy – about 3 minutes. Add half of your sifted icing sugar, the vanilla and lemon juice and whisk till well combined.
- Add the remaining sifted icing sugar and whisk till combined – about 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add your cream cheese, loosen and stir with a spoon for about a minute.
- Take 1 cup’s worth of your vanilla frosting and whisk it in with the cream cheese for a few seconds. Add another cup of frosting and whisk till combined.
- Next take the remaining vanilla frosting and stir in lightly with a spoon with the cream cheese frosting. Place in fridge and chill for 10-15 minutes before using. Decorate your cake .
- Tip – roast your walnuts in oven or in a pan on the stove top for 5 minutes on high heat to bring back the oils and adds extra crunch.