For all things delicious…
I’m so excited to present my spice range. turmeric cumin masala spice curry spice lamb and chops steak and mutton spice chicken braai chicken spice breyani spice fish spice My spices are available via my website. Click here Please note courier charges apply. Alternatively, purchase…
Pickled FishRecipe by Fatima SydowCourse: Main
2 kg firm white fish fillets, I am using Hake
6 large onions, peeled and sliced
Salt to taste
1 cup of flour
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp turmeric
1 cup vinegar
1 cup water
3-4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp apricot jam
1 tbsp black pepper corns
1 tbsp coriander seeds
5 bay leaves
2 tbsp roasted masala
1 tbsp corn flour mixed with 3 tbsp. of water
- Take the fish pieces and dust with the flour and season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil, shallow fry the fish in a large frying pan, about 2 minutes on each side. Put aside on draining paper.
- Next, in a large pot, heat the vinegar and water on a medium heat. Add the onions, sugar, salt, spices, jam, bay leaves and cook for 8-10 minutes. Next, add the corn flour mixture and
- Add the corn flour mixture and stir well. Transfer the fish, onion and curry sauce mixture to a large heat proof dish, making sure the sauce covers all the fish.
- Allow to cool and cover the bowl or container and store in the fridge overnight or for a few days.
Peppermint Fridge TartRecipe by Fatima SydowCourse: Dessert
2 packs of tennis biscuits
3 tubs x 250 ml of fresh whipping cream
2 tins of caramel ( or 1 & 1/2 tins, to your taste)
1 big slab of peppermint chocolate, grated
1 cup of water
- In a bowl whisk the cream until almost stiff.
- Next, add the caramel, then the peppermint chocolate (keep a block or two one side over for garnish) into the whipped cream. Slowly mix together until well combined.
- In a large bowl with a flat surface, dip the biscuits one at a time in the water and neatly place them next to each other until the surface of the bowl is completely covered with biscuits.
- Pour a third of the cream, caramel and peppermint chocolate mixture over the biscuits and smooth it out. Now, repeat the process with the dipped biscuits and place neatly on top of the cream mixture. Add more cream mixture, then the last biscuit layer and finish off with the remaining cream mixture.
- If your dish is on the large size simply make only two layers.
- For garnish, you can pipe some cream on top and drizzle with peppermint chocolate (optional) and add two tennis biscuits crumbed and scatter all over pudding.