Slow braised Steak22nd Oct 2019
- 2 kgs of Tenderized Steak
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green, red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 4 tablespoons of Apricot chutney
- 3/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 fresh chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- Step 1 In a large pot on medium to high heat, add the steak and garlic and cook for 30 minutes.
- Step 2 In the meantime, add the oil in a heated large pan. Add the onions, bay leaves, sliced peppers and fry until golden.
- Step 3 Next, add the caramelized onions and peppers to the steak and the rest of the ingredients and cook on a medium to low heat for about 90 minutes or until tender. Stirring when necessary and adding only half a cup of water every 30 minutes.
- Step 4 Serve with rice and vegetables of your choice.